Sunday, February 04, 2007

Illustration Friday - sprout



Another entry for Illustration Friday, this week... sprout. This is "Little Miss Garlic Sprout". Everyday she wishes for someone to share her sunset and wine. She has a great personality, but maybe just a bit too much odor.

This may be a bit of a stretch for "sprout". While I was thinking about the subject I saw this garlic going to sprout in my kitchen. What's sad is it was only bought a few days before. That's how fresh our market is up here in this small town. Sad huh?

This is an ACEO, a small art card, 2.5x3.5 inches.
  • You can find it here on Etsy.
  • 8 comments:

    Traci Bixby said...

    I really like this piece. So vibrant and bold! I'm amazed at the color you obtained and the beautiful line work.

    Paintdancer said...

    This is really adorable. I love Miss Sprout's sad story, too.

    ELLA ELVIANA said...

    yeah that's very sad. but good thing is it gave you great idea to work with. turn out great i think!

    Michelle Lana said...

    This is great! very very cool and a clever idea!

    Cindy said...

    Surely there must be a Mr. Garlic out there somewhere....

    Cute picture. I like the colors.

    Sam I Am said...

    Awww..how ADORABLE!!! Love your paintings!!!!
    Im in So. cal too!!! In Riverside County!!!
    Can I add your blog to mine??
    How fun!
    hugs..Sandy

    carla said...

    This is delightful! I love the effects of the watercolors and the fine linework...very nice!

    Dehart Street said...

    Great work! so vibrant!