Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Inspire Me Thursday - portrait




This is my first "Inspire Me Thursday" -the theme being "portrait". I've done a lot of portraits through the years. For this portrait I wanted to do this stylized version of my Grandma, Kathryn. I've wanted to do a painting of this photo of her for a long time. So I made a little ACEO with her lovely face, using acrylics. The second drawing is one I did of my other Grandma, Bettie that I did a year ago. Both photos were taken around the same time, while in their 20s. I love vintage women, especially these two.

  • Find the ACEO here on etsy.
  • 3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    pretty n luvley:-)...

    carla said...

    These are great! I love how sweeet she looks in the top painting. I also love your description of yourself...you sound like you have a great life! Thanks for sharing these two portraits:>

    Anonymous said...

    fun portrait