Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Very Mod Easter Bunny Doll



This is quite a dapper Easter Bunny dresssed in his finest mod-attire. He's a little quirky and lots of fun. And he's ready to hippity hop down the bunny trail.

He's made out of an old dress that just didn't fit me right. Plus I added some cotton polka dot and muslin, some wool-blend felt, ric rac, and a cute checkered bow tie made from a ribbon. I machine quilted his suit, and embroidered his face. He's very folky, not perfect stitching. Meaning you can see lots of stitches. But that's part of his folkiness.

This is part of the VIM Doll Project on ebay. The VIM members were to do a doll in whatever art form they preferred. So as I've said before, I love to partake in challenges and theme weeks. So I gave it a go. I just know he would do better on etsy, but oh well.

I'm going to hopefully make some more bunny cuties for etsy real soon while it's still the Easter season. Stay tuned.

-SOLD-

2 comments:

Gerushia's New World said...

Hey Saffron:

I saw your bunny on eBay for the VIM doll project. He is so awesome!! I noticed that he has a bid ~ Congratulations!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Sam I Am said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww what a sweetie he is!!!!!
I hope the BIDS go SKYHIGH for this bunny :)
hugs..sandy