Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sweet Scent of Violets



The delicately tiny violets are blooming at my house. They are so cute, and have a very subtle sweet scent. I've got a few varieties. These are the two that have made their appearance. I know that I just posted a bit about my garden. I think I'm so looking forward to the warm months, and the flowers are starting to bloom, so I feel the urge to take some photos of them. I've also got a painting in the works and hopefully tomorrow I can post that.

Now on to photography. Many have probably seen that I don't always take the best pictures. I just can't get the lighting right all the time. I always hear that the best pictures are taken in indirect lighting - like on an overcast day. Well, the first picture was taken in the shade, the second was obviously taken with some sun shining on the flower. I think the sunny one looks better, I guess. But does it caputure the true colors? For now I'll just continue trying to get the best photo that I can, and maybe I'll master photography some day!

3 comments:

Minu said...

Oh my, what great pictures. Thanks for directing me to your blog. I will visit often.

Minu
http://focuson.livejournal.com/

Gerushia's New World said...

I like both photos in different ways. The top photo, taken in the shade makes me feel calm and a little chilly. The violet taken in the sun feels warm and like spring time. Both have nice over all "auras" to them.

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Unknown said...

those violets are so pretty... i am a flower fanatic. yeah for spring flowers!