Sunday, March 04, 2007

Illustration Friday - Hide



"Hide Your Love Away". I'm glad I could participate in Illustration Friday again. The challenges there are so very... challenging! It can really excercise your brain to come up with an idea.

What a coincidence to hear the Beatle song this morning. So this idea was born - a mama and baby kangaroo. Such a cute image of motherly love! This is an ACEO (2.5 x 3.5 inches).

-SOLD-

Later in the night I heard another quote from a song that also gave me some inspiration - "All the things you try to HIDE will be revealed on the other side" from the song, "Hell", by the Squirrel Nut Zippers.I'll have to put that on the back burner til another day.

8 comments:

Serline said...

So lovely and sweet...

Anonymous said...

I didn't even think of The Beatles song until I started browsing... lovely kangaroo.

Michelle said...

Nice illo. I love your idea.

Cindy said...

Cute kangaroos. I also like your art lessons!

studio lolo said...

I'm a sucker for mom and baby animals! I use an example of a kangaroo and joey in one of the books I wrote (illustrated by Ashely Wollf) The caption is "She tucks me in at night." The name of the book is "I Love My Mommy Because..."

Beautiful, sweet illo :)

Gerushia's New World said...

This is a really great aceo. I'm hearing so much about IF lately. I have always assumed it was only for "illustration" type art. I'm a collagist and so I never really looked into it. Now, I'm learning that all kinds of artists take part. Maybe I'll check it out a little deeper.

Love the Roos:
Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls

Heartful said...

They are lovely!!! And I love the name squirrel nut zippers!!

nicole falk said...

beautiful