Thursday, January 18, 2007

Painting a Day - Illustration Friday-80s



This is my entry for this week's Ilustration Friday. The theme is 80s. This is "MewDonna".

I couldn't make up my mind while I was thinking about the 80s. My interests at that time were so varied, and changed so often. So I just thought of what was very influentual during that time. And, of course, Madonna came to mind. And then MewDonna was born. I did actually buy the first Madonna album, on cassette tape. What's a cassette? Seems so ancient, and more obsolete than records. Because I still listen to records, but rarely listen to cassettes. I did have a lot of fun dancing to Madonna many times, especially to that first album. That was before she had really hit it big and before I got a bit burned out from her. I was a bit anti-mainstream back then. Guess I still am.

Having come of age during the 80s made it a very eventful time for me. But I wouldn't say they were the best of times. Well, maybe some of it was!

It's an ACEO, 3.5x2.5 inches, acrylic.

-SOLD-

1 comment: