Monday, June 18, 2007

Altered Box - Count your life with smiles!



"Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll."



I altered this box that once held tubes of acrylic paint. I used a little reproduction of a painting that I did earlier this year. That was collaged with tissue paper, and the quote and acrylic paint were added.

Once I collaged and varnished it, the box wasn't fitting together like it originally did. So I glued thin rope around it to act as a stopper, to keep the lid from getting stuck.

It's a little funky, but the textures make it fun to hold. And the size is perfect for holding some special little trinkets, or would make a wonderful gift box. Approx 5 x 3.5 x 1.75 inches.

I've got 4 more of these little boxes, so I look forward to making more.

-SOLD-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty :)

Unknown said...

Oh, those boxes are lovely! What a great little treasure box, and recyled too!

Shano said...

Great art and fun suggestions! I'm such an etsy fan. I get lost browsing for hours.