Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Etsy Pick-O-The-Week - 1ofmykind



Wow! Is this some gorgeous jewelry, or what?! There's a lot of incredible jewelry on Etsy, and it can be overwhelming to find only one to pick! I was drawn to these beauties made by the very talented and unique Jody at 1ofmykind. These jewels are created with vintage filagree, made into mini masterpieces. They are very old-world, or nouveau and deco all in one. And the stones are just glowing with loveliness. Definitely a treat that I would love to give myself! And yes, she has mastered the fine art of photography, a must for any successful online seller. Find Jody's website here.

I'm also attracted to this jewelry not only because it is so beautiful, but it also reminds me of a special time in my life. I grew up going to the Laguna Beach Sawdust Festival every year since I was a wee kid, back when the Festivial was also new. It was a fun place to go as a kid, and I always enjoyed when my parents bought me something there. Well, more than once I chose some jewelry that was displayed in a cute little gypsy wagon. Wonderful little baubles that I could stare at forever. I'm not sure if that artist is still around, but now you can find some other remarkable beauties here on Etsy!

3 comments:

Gerushia's New World said...

Don't you just love jewelry that comes from a "cute little Gypsy wagon?"

I've yet to go to the Sawdust Festival, but my neighbors go and I've seen pictures. It looks like great fun.

Also, thanks so much for recognizing online artistry. Whether it's jewelry or collage, or painting or pen and ink. You are so dear to take the time to highlight an artist once a week!!

Kim
Garden Painter Art
gnarly-dolls
Kim's Kandid Kamera

Unknown said...

oh,oh,oh....i love 1ofmykind...seriously!!
my sweetheart bought me a gorgeous beautiful heart necklace for valentines! the jewelery is fantastic and so orignial!

sandy said...

I go to the festival also, and enjoy it a lot. I just found your blog so will go look through it. So far what I've seen, you do great art..sandy