Monday, November 06, 2006

Painting A Day - Girl with Afghan


This is a "City Girl With Afghan". It is an ACEO - (2.5x3.5 inches) acrylic. An Aceo group that I'm part of is trying a new thing. They are trying to market ACEOs by listing in other categories on ebay, rather than the usual self-representing artists category. This week the different category is "Afghan Hounds" in the dogs category. I'm always willing to try something new. And I seem to like theme weeks, so of course I had to participate. This is what I came up with. I always like Afghan Hounds. They seem so elegant, at least in looks. I like the idea of city girls taking their dogs on a walk. I did another girl once - she had a chihuahua in a bag.

This is completely from my mind. I must've reworked the colors 20 times. And I think they're different than my usual. But that's good. I don't like to get into any ruts.

-SOLD_

No comments: