Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Astrology Signs - Gemini



This is the 3rd in my series of Astrological Signs, with the Gemini. I didn't really have an idea for this one, then came up with one I thought would work. It was mediocre. My son suggested a set of twins emerging out of one tree. It was a far more clever idea than my first original plan. Yes, as a friend commented to me, it is helpful to have an art director. My collaborations with my kid do always make the best creations!

The Gemini sign is associated with the Summer Solstice, that's why I have the sun shining bright. It's also an air sign, so I made some clouds, although my clouds seem to be heavy on the water-side. And I think I was successful at making the two "trees" appear to be twins. I thought it would be hard to duplicate them to look alike. Yeah seems with a lot of things, it's the anticipation of something that is usually far harder than the actual doing!!

No comments: